2008-10-08

Xian

I landed in Xian last night. Today, I visited the Terra-Cotta Warriors. I should be thrilled, but I've seen so many UNESCO World Heritage sites now that it's hard for me to care.

Other than that, I explored Xian a bit. I get a better feeling from this city than from Beijing. Xian seems more vibrant and happening even though it's smaller and further inland. People are more beautiful and fashionable here. The pollution isn't nearly as bad as in the capital and people even seem to spit less.

I'm trying to book a flight out of here for tomorrow. All the Chinese sites suck shit and either crap out or put up processes that make it prohibitive to book online. Travel agents don't speak English. I'm left with Western sites, which sell flights at double the local price... I'll try again with some Chinese sites that crapped out tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll go and try to mime to a travel agent that I want to go to Shanghai.

I miss being able to drink tap water.

No comments: