2008-09-19

Hawaii

This post relates events that occurred in April of 2008.

After living for a few months in Vancouver, I went on a short vacation to Hawaii. I took Sylvia along with me as a thank-you gesture for hosting me when I first got to Vancouver.

We went to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (on the Big Island) and saw volcanic fumes and an active volcano. We also traversed acres of land covered by solidified lava. We went snorkeling with manta rays at night. Still on the Big Island, we saw sea turtles, beaches with black sand, incredible scenery and an abundance of sea creatures.

Later, we went on the Island of Kauai and visited "The Grand Canyon of the Pacific" and the Na Pali Cliffs.

Finally, we explored Oahu. We went to Pearl Harbor and visited the USS Arizona memorial, where hundreds of men still remain in the sunken battleship's wreck. We also saw an ancient Hawaiian temple and beautiful landscapes when we circled around the island.

The trip was too short. I hope one day to go a third time to Hawaii.

The only thing that wasn't great is the fact that Sylvia and I had some frictions and nearly killed each other many times. At one point, I was so upset by her that I inadvertently locked the rental car's keys inside the car. That did nothing to relax the already tense atmosphere!

No comments: